Friday, April 10, 2009

3/26/09 San Pedro la Laguna

So after a week of school I decided to take a day trip to the town of San Pedro la Laguna, a picturesque town on the shore of Lake Atitlan. It's known for being a laid back and relaxed place to chill with a lot of ex-pats from and travelers from all over the world. I rolled up to a gas station in Xela and saw some gringos and asked if they knew the way to San Pedro. They happened to be going there themselves and I ended up following them for the 3 hour ride to the lake through some unbelievably steep mountain passes and amazing panoramic views. I ended up staying overnight and rescheduling my class in the morning back in Xela. Had a great time hanging with Doug, originally from Seattle, Josh from Denver, and Georgie, an Aussie girl who owns a great bar/restaurant in Xela called Ojala where i have been hanging out some. Good food, sun, boat rides and some late night drinking all happened. I'll let the pics do the most of the talking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment